Hi! Want to know more about me?
I’m Cyndi with Blue Star at Home.
Like all women, I wear LOTS of hats! I’m a wife, mother of three, and “Apple” to three grandkids, Asher, Jay, and Natalie. I’m a worshiper of the Living God. I’m a former teacher and principal and now a retired public school administrator. And in my spare time, I’m an antique collector, decorator, flea market shopper, furniture refinisher, and shopkeeper.
So now I’m adding DIY coach to my hat collection! I’ve been so inspired by other women and their blogs and tutorials, I decided it’s time to give back. I can’t promise how often I’ll blog (my plate’s kinda full), but I have things I want to share and I’m excited about finally having the avenue to do that. I hope you enjoy!
I love rescuing worn, abandoned furniture and junk and giving them a new life. Most of my things are sold at my booths at 23 Junk Street and Vintage Marketplace in Abilene, TX. Follow along with me on Facebook at Blue Star at Home
In addition, after spending more than 18 years refinishing and repurposing furniture, I’ve discovered a paint that I just love so I carry it in my booth. You can purchase it there or here in my online shop. Have you tried Fusion Mineral Paint?
- Summer is my favorite season
- I love to meet new people, but am also an introvert
- Traveling to new places is one of my favorite things to do, but I am also a homebody
- Barefoot is my favorite footwear
- My grandkids call me “Apple” because I’m a granny Smith
- I have lived in three states (TX, OK, CA)
- Definitely a dog person. I have two small mutts that I call my “appendages.”
- Grew up a tomboy and still prefer jeans and a tee shirt over a dress
- Definitely have a chocolate addiction
- Happy when I am watching the Texas Rangers or the Dallas Cowboys or my grandkids playing ball
- The relationship I have with God and my family is the most important thing in my life