Classic Bouquets Transfer
Classic Bouquets transfer are actually four soft black floral transfers on one page. The Classic Bouquets transfer is easy to cut apart and use on four projects! Each image is 12″ x 16″ . The entire page is 24″ x 33″
Our Decor Transfers™ are designed in scale and motif to be appropriate for decor. Use them to add a unique touch to your furniture projects, wall art or accessories. Pressure sensitive, you apply them by rubbing them onto the surface. Ensure a long lasting result by sealing with a quality sealer. Want to paint your transfers? Seal with Tough Coat and then paint with watered down Fusion for a water color look.
We’ve made many of our new Decor Transfers™ “buildable”, by adding opacity, (so that they look good when they overlap) and making the designs themselves more versatile, so that they work visually, when used in combination. Since the designs are more opaque than previous versions, they will show up well against dark colors as well as light.
• Distressable ( for complete customization, sand to your liking! We don’t mind.)
• Buildable ( more opaque so they can be layered with other transfers, as well as show up against darker colors. Because sometimes one is just not enough, and a maker needs to make it their own.)
• Improved backing to help prevent transfer mishaps ( and the subsequent crushed souls.)
• Easy to use ( These beauties transfer onto your project surface like butter. )
DECOR TRANSFERS INSTRUCTIONS:
As always, apply your Paintable Décor Transfer to a clean, matte, dry base. Many people use chalk and mineral type paints on these projects, and they work great. Optionally, when using chalk or mineral type paint, we like to enhance the bonding between transfer and paint with a light coat of universal sealer or something that functions similarly, and allow it to dry thoroughly before transfer application (always take appropriate safety precautions and follow manufacturer’s instructions). When it comes to a good bond, there are a lot of different product related variables, so if you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact me with your questions.
Prior to application, protect your Transfer from dust or debris by keeping it with it’s protective backing sheet until applied. Dust will interfere with adhesion. Since we use a special non stick backing to avoid transfer damage from excessive cling, you will need to take care that you keep them together until you apply it.
Apply your Paintable Décor Transfer to your surface by rubbing with the included tool until it is completely transferred. When you lift the clear sheet to check, if there are any bits left on the sheet, just gently lay it back down and rub those spots to transfer them.
Once your image is completely transferred, make sure it is all securely down and burnish with a clean dry cloth so all edges are snuggly adhered.
- OPTIONAL: At this stage, you can distress with a medium or fine sanding block if you choose. Next you can go one of two ways.
Seal with a flat sealer. We love Tough Coat
Seal with Tough Coat and color in.
Tinting your paintable.
There are so many different mediums that you can use with the IOD Paintable Décor Transfers. Some of the qualities that I look for when using them for large pieces like furniture are:
- Lightfastness. Lightfastness is a property of a colourant such as dye or pigment that describes how resistant to fading it is when exposed to light. Dyes and pigments are used for example for dyeing of fabrics, plastics or other materials and manufacturing paints or printing inks. (Wikipedia)
- Permanency- This is somewhat flexible because as long as a medium is lightfast, then the permanency can be enhanced by the sealer that goes over it, even if the medium itself is not considered permanent.
- Translucency. For the purpose of tinting our IOD Décor Paintables, we tend to favor a medium that is translucent and therefore will allow the lines to show through even if they are painted over. That said, chalk paint is very opaque, and can be made transparent by diluting with water. This method works fabulously, so keep that in mind when considering opacity and translucency.
After you have tinted your IOD Paintable Décor Transfer, you will want to seal it. IF your medium remains reactive when dry(that means that adding liquid will cause it to smear), then you will need to avoid brushing on a sealer which could smear it. In this case, you will want to use a sprayable option. Even if you do a light misting to set it, and then brush on your favorite sealer.
There are so many creative possibilities with Paintable Décor Transfers, allow yourself to have fun and enjoy the process.
Read more about IOD transfers here