Crackled Texture is a base layer that creates depth with a crackled look. Great for creating an instant aged aesthetic. Crackled Texture is white but can be painted over after it dries. This base product creates cracks and crevasses on which you can add paint over top. It is best applied on a flat horizontal surface, as the product is self levelling. The thicker the application, the more defined the cracks will appear. Then you can paint or wax etc over top it.. It also creates a more defined, deeper crackle.
How to use:
- Stir before using.
- Prep your surface as you would to paint with Fusion. Use TSP Alternative to clean ,then give your piece a light sand and removing excess dust using a lint free rag.
- Pour a generous amount of the Crackled Texture medium over your surface. Spread with a putty knife or chip brush. (Note: The thicker the layer, the larger your crackling will be. Thinner layers will result in small cracks).
- Allow to dry for 6-12 hours.
- Paint over dried Crackled Texture with the color of your choice.
- To add some nuances, you can add colored wax.
- Distress the painted Crackled by scraping away some of the surface. This gives it an increased weathered look.
Visit Fusion Mineral Paint for more great tips and techniques!