Pouring Resin is great for acrylic paint pours, other artistic projects, or as a high gloss finish. It is water based and self leveling. The product is clear but can be mixed with Fusion paint to create the desired look. It has a smooth, glossy finish. It is best used with Cell Enhancer to get beautiful results.
How to use for a paint pour:
- Gently stir and swirl resin to mix well. Avoid shaking.
- Apply a base coat of resin on the surface to ensure that your paint pour flows well across the surface. The paint pour should be applied while the base coat is wet.
- Pour some resin into a cup and add 1-2 drops of paint. You should use very little paint!
- To increase the appearance of cells in the pour, add a few drops of Cell Enhancer to the colors of your choice.
- Still to mix paint color throughout the resin.
- Repeat for the colors that you want in your paint pour. Four colors is a great place to start.
- Layer the resin mixtures into one of the cups.
- Place your surface on top of the cup and invert. Resin can also be poured across the surface.
- Tilt surface to allow resin to flow across the surface.
- Clean up drips and edges.
- Dry time is 24 hours.
- Cell Enhancer is silicone and will still be wet when the resin is dry. Wipe down with rubbing alcohol to remove.
- No top coat needed!!
- No need to add Flotrol!!
How to use as a top coat
- Pour some resin onto the surface and spread with a tool. Paint brushes can introduce bubbles.
- Allow to dry 12 hours.
- Pouring Resin dries to a high gloss finish.
For additional information and tips visit Fusion Mineral Paint.