I let the paint dry overnight so there wouldn’t be any moisture to interfere with the transfer.
In addition to sunflowers, I decided to use some lavender sprigs as well. I started by putting a few springs of lavender on first so they would be in the background.
The new transfer pads still include an applicator stick and I used that to rub the transfer in place.
Once the lavender was in place, I put sunflowers overlapping them and finished with a few sprigs of lavender in front of the sunflowers. There are extra leaves included in the pack and I used one to fill in some blank space.
After applying each transfer, I use the clear backing to rub and burnish the transfer in place to ensure it all sticks in place.
So this adorable project took less than an hour. I’ll need to get a picnic planned before winter arrives!